SPECIAL ISSUE - INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ISLAMIC ECONOMICS AND FINANCE RESEARCH (IJIEFER)
CALL FOR PAPERS
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF ISLAMIC ECONOMICS AND FINANCE RESEARCH (IJIEFER)
Date for Submission: 10th September 2023
- Prof. Rusni Hassan, Dean, IIUM Institute of Islamic Banking & Finance (IIiBF)
- Prof. Dr Aishath Muneeza, Associate Dean, INCEIF University
Theme: Navigating Legal Frontiers in Contemporary Islamic Economics and Finance
The special issue of the Journal of Islamic Economics and Finance Research aims to shed light on the intricate legal landscapes that shape and challenge the field of Islamic economics and finance in the modern world. This theme invites scholars, researchers, and practitioners to explore and analyze the diverse legal issues that impact the development, regulation, and practice of Islamic financial systems. The special issue seeks to unravel the complexities of legal frameworks, contractual arrangements, regulatory challenges, and ethical considerations that are central to the evolution of Islamic economics and finance.
Contributions to this special issue will delve into a range of contemporary legal topics, including but not limited to:
- Sharia Compliance and Regulatory Challenges: Analyzing the legal hurdles and regulatory dynamics surrounding Sharia-compliant financial products and services, and exploring innovative approaches to ensure compliance while meeting contemporary financial needs.
- Legal Frameworks for Fintech and Digital Finance: Investigating the legal implications and challenges of integrating emerging technologies such as blockchain, cryptocurrency, and digital banking within the framework of Islamic finance.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration: Examining effective mechanisms for resolving disputes in Islamic finance, including the role of Sharia courts, arbitration, and alternative dispute resolution methods.
- Ethical and Social Responsibility: Exploring the legal dimensions of ethical investing, social responsibility, and sustainable finance in the context of Islamic economics and finance.
- Cross-Border Transactions and Regulatory Harmonization: Analyzing legal issues related to cross-border trade, investment, and transactions, and assessing the potential for harmonizing regulations across jurisdictions.
- Financial Inclusion and Microfinance: Investigating legal strategies to promote financial inclusion and enhance access to Islamic financial services, particularly in underserved and marginalized communities.
- Legal Implications of Global Economic Challenges: Addressing legal responses to contemporary economic challenges, such as economic crises, pandemics, and environmental sustainability, within the framework of Islamic economics.
- Islamic Financial Instruments and Legal Structures: Exploring the legal intricacies of various Islamic financial instruments, contracts, and legal structures, and their adaptability to modern economic contexts.
This special issue aims to contribute to a deeper understanding of the legal dimensions of Islamic economics and finance, providing insights that will inform policymakers, practitioners, academics, and regulators. By examining contemporary legal issues through the lens of Islamic economics and finance, this collection of articles will enrich the discourse and contribute to the sustainable development of the field.